Video with Sad face or error message: "The connection was reset" -blocked in my school
If the video is blocked at your school or is displaying a sad face or a message "The connection was reset" like this one:
It sounds like there is a strong filter in your school. In this case, we recommend a few alternatives:
- Please contact your IT admin and tell him/her to check our Spec Sheet.
- You can upload your videos directly to Edpuzzle servers, those videos won't be blocked. Follow this steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToSWSg8yEOE&feature=youtu.be
- You can flip your class. This means that you assign the videos to watch at home and you get more time in the classroom.
In the meantime, if we could talk with the IT person in your school, we would love to check if there is anything we can do to make it work.
YouTube video is restricted
When videos are restricted or it shows a message like this: "This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account" it means that your internet network or your google apps domain has a filter for YouTube videos. To solve this please follow these steps:
- Visit YouTube page
- Check if you are logged in to your school account (do so if not)
- Scroll all the way down and see if you see this:
"Restricted Mode" is probably ON for you, if you can switch it off. Sometimes the button is blocked and you as a teacher don't have control over it -- that means that your school/district has enabled this. If there is somebody in your IT department that can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will make all possible to make Edpuzzle work at your school.