Once you've created your class with its assignments, you can invite your students to it. You can do it giving to them the Class Code (if they already have an Edpuzzle account) or sharing with them the direct class link. You can also connect it to your already created Google Classroom, for more information see this article.
The Class Code is the key to connect your students to your class in Edpuzzle. Once the students are connected, every video that you share with your class they will receive it. Also, when they watch the videos assigned, you will collect all the progress from each one of the students in your class.
Here's a PDF document that you can hand out to your students to have them register for their Edpuzzle accounts and add themselves to your class by using the class code (non-Google Classroom only).
If you created a class in Edpuzzle, you will find the class code by following these steps:
1) Go to MyClasses
2) Click "Invite new students" on the top-right corner.
3) There you'll see the Class Code!
Here is a video that might be useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvk-6y-5fLQ
If there are some students that are too young to manage Edpuzzle for themselves or doesn't have an email address yet, we recommend you to:
1) Engage the parents: assign the videos to watch at home and let the parents manage the students' accounts. We have seen a significant impact on student learning and behavior in class when teachers use this technique. Parents are more aligned with the teacher and the student understands the lesson better.
2) Easy usernames. Edpuzzle students can create accounts using a "username" and a "password". With students that might struggle to memorize these, we recommend using simple usernames and passwords. For example, having the same password as the username or "firstnamelastname" "123456".
3) Watch the video together. Having 5 minutes to watch a lesson and answer the questions together is also a great way to use Edpuzzle. No need to create accounts and the students will stop and answer the questions in teams or individually.
If you cannot find your class code in My Classes > "Invite more students" button on the top-right corner then it's because you have a class connected to Google Classroom.
To invite students to Google Classroom or import a whole classroom, please follow the steps in this video:
1) Enroll the students to the Google Classroom Group
2) Go to Edpuzzle > My Classes > Select your class> Import from Google Classroom
3) Select the class you want to import students from, then click "Import"
4) You are done!
If you have already imported your students from Google Classroom but you want to import some new students, follow these steps:
1) Click the "Import new students" button at "My Classes"
Here's a video that will explain to you how to do it.