To see your students' progress on a video, that video must be assigned to a class and your students must be using the proper type of device to watch it.
It's possible to share a video without assigning it, but you won't be able to see students' progress. If you want to assign a video, embed it to an external site, and track progress, you can do so by following these steps:
- Assign a video lesson to a class.
- Select the class where the assignment is located from the list under “My Classes” on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the assignment.
- When viewing the assignment, click the "Share Assignment" button towards the top of the page.
For Google Classroom- and Microsoft Teams-integrated classes, simply click the ellipsis (...) at the top of the page and choose "Share Assignment" from the drop-down menu. If you use another integrated LMS, this feature is not available.
- A pop-up with appear and provide you with the assignment link and embed code.
- Copy the embed code and paste it into your external site.
Note: When students use these links or go to your external site, they'll be asked to log in to Edpuzzle so we can identify who is doing the assignment before they can watch the video and answer the questions. Students must have an Edpuzzle account for this option.
Another reason that your students' progress might not be showing up is if they're not using the right tools. We usually recommend that students watch videos using:
- iPhone and iPads: iOS App
- Android Smartphone or Tablet: Android App
- Laptops and desktop computers: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (latest versions)
If you've assigned a video and your students are using the correct access method, but you still don't see their progress, email us at email@example.com and we'll look into the issue!