If you're a college professor, you can use Edpuzzle to create and assign homework and make learning more engaging for your students. Here are some cases in which using Edpuzzle can be especially effective.
Make Concepts Come Alive
College professors can use the animation and illustrations in Edpuzzle videos to help teach complex concepts, especially in subjects such as engineering and medicine.
Ensure Student Accountability
Many students miss lectures by choice or because of other commitments, and oftentimes professors post lectures online for their students to watch. With Edpuzzle, professors can ensure that their students are actually watching the lectures and not just skimming through their friends' notes.
Free Up Class Time for Application
By flipping your classroom with Edpuzzle, professors have more time to allow their students to explore the content through practical application, instead of just covering the content.
Edpuzzle can also be used for adult learners in continuing education. Any trainer can use Edpuzzle to create a video course that's more engaging and flexible compared to traditional continuing education/career training, with the added ability to check whether your class has watched and understood the content.
To create your own certification on Edpuzzle:
- Click the plus (+) sign next to "My Classes" in the menu on the left-hand side of your page.
- Create a class for each module in your certification.
- Click on the first module, then invite your students.
- Go to the next module, click "Invite students" and get the class code, but don't share the class code or link with your students.
- In the last video of the first module, add the class code in a note at the end of the video. This way, students can only unlock the next class/module in your certification when they finish the previous module!