Take advantage of Edpuzzle’s seamless integration with Canvas to keep all of your video lessons and grades in the same place!
To integrate Edpuzzle with Canvas, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to Canvas and go to “Courses” and select a class.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Click on the “Apps” tab.
- Search for the Edpuzzle app.
- Click on the blue “+ App” button. This will open a pop-up window.
- Enter the fields for “Consumer Key” and “Shared Secret” and click the blue “Submit” button.
- Now Edpuzzle will appear in your list of external apps!
If this doesn’t work, just ask your IT admin to follow these exact same steps from their Admin panel in Canvas. You may not have permission as a teacher to add external apps.
If you need help finding your Consumer Key and Shared Secret, follow these steps:
- To find your consumer key and shared secret, log into Edpuzzle.
- Navigate to your profile, then click on the “School” tab.
- In the LMS dropdown menu at the bottom of the page, select Canvas.
- If you don’t already see the consumer key, enter your Canvas domain and click the “Generate” button.
Once Edpuzzle has been added to Canvas, all you need to do is select the course of your choice and then click on “Edpuzzle” in the side menu. You’ll be prompted to log in or sign up, and away you go – your Edpuzzle class is all set up!
To assign an Edpuzzle video lesson on Canvas:
- Go to “Courses” and choose the course you’d like to assign an edpuzzle for.
- Click on “Assignments.”
- Click the blue “+ Assignment” button.
- In the “Submission Type” drop-down menu, select “External Tool.”
- Click the “Find” button, which will open the “Configure External Tool” pop-up. Select Edpuzzle.
- This will open another pop-up window showing your “My Content” on Edpuzzle.
- Select your video lesson.
- Click the blue “Assign” button, which will return you to the “Configure External Tool” pop-up. Click the blue “Select” button.
- Then you can set your due date and click the blue “Save” button to save the assignment, or the “Save & Publish” button to send it to your students.
- Now your video lesson will appear in your list of assignments on Canvas!
Note: Your students will start to appear as they click on the assignment link.
Best of all, once students complete the lessons their grades will automatically sync with Canvas – couldn’t be easier!