Keep all of your video lessons and grades in the same place with Edpuzzle’s seamless integration with Moodle.
Follow these steps to integrate Edpuzzle with Moodle:
- Log in to Moodle and click on “Site administration” in the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the “Plugins” tab.
- Scroll down and select “Manage tools” (under “External tool”).
- Under “Add tool,” click on the hyperlink “configure a tool manually.”
- On the “External tool configuration” screen, fill in the fields for “Tool name” (Edpuzzle), “Tool URL” (https://lticonfig.edpuzzle.com/moodle/admin_config.xml), “Consumer key” and “Shared secret.” (The consumer key and shared secret can be found in the “School” tab in your profile on Edpuzzle.)
- For the “Tool configuration usage” field, select the third option: “Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool.”
- For the “Default launch container” field, select the “Embed, without blocks” option.
- Click on the “Show more…” hyperlink in blue, then select the “Content-Item Message” checkbox below the “Default launch container” field.
- Under the “Privacy” tab, select “Always” for the fields “Share launcher’s name with tool” and “Accept grades from the tool.” Select the “Force SSL” checkbox.
- Click on the blue “Save changes” button.
- Now Edpuzzle will appear in your tools!
Once you’ve integrated Edpuzzle, you’ll need to follow these steps to assign an edpuzzle on Moodle:
- Select the class you’d like to assign an edpuzzle for from the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the “+ Add an activity or resource” hyperlink on the right in the section of your choice.
- From the pop-up window, select Edpuzzle and click the blue “Add” button.
- On the next screen, click on the gray “Select content” button.
- A pop-up window will open showing you your available edpuzzles. Select the edpuzzle of your choice and click the blue “Assign” button which will close the pop-up.
- The title of your edpuzzle should now appear in the “Activity name" field.
- Now you can choose from the two blue buttons: select either “Save and return to course” or “Save and display.”
- Now your video lesson will appear for your class on Moodle and your grades will be automatically synced!