Take advantage of Edpuzzle’s integration with Blackboard so your students can watch and complete their edpuzzles directly from your LMS, and grades will be synced automatically!
In this article, you'll find sections on:
I. How to Integrate Edpuzzle With Blackboard
Ask your IT Admin to follow these steps to set up the integration for your whole school or district:
- Log in to Blackboard and go to the “Administrator Panel”.
- In the Integrations section, click on “Register LTI 1.1 Provider” under “LTI Tool Providers”.
- In the Register Provide Domain section, go to the Provider Domain Status and enter “edpuzzle.com” in the “Provider Domain” field.
- In the “Default Configuration” field, select “Set globally”.
- In the Tool Provider Key and the Tool Provider Secret fields, enter the consumer key and shared secret found in your Edpuzzle account.
- To find this information, open a new tab or window and log in to or sign up for Edpuzzle (see our article on how to create an account).
- Click on your circular profile icon in the upper right-hand corner, select your name from the dropdown menu to go to your profile, then click on the “School” tab.
- In the LMS dropdown menu at the bottom of the page, select Blackboard, and your codes will appear.
- Under “Institution Policies,” select “Send user data”.
- Choose “Send user data over any connection”.
- Under “User Fields to Send,” check the boxes for “Role in Course,” “Name,” and “Email Address”.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Under “Tool/Provider,” select the checkbox next to “edpuzzle.com”.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Manage Placements”.
- Click the “Create Placement” button.
- In the “Label” field, enter “Edpuzzle”.
- In the “Handle” field, enter “Edpuzzle”.
- In the “Type” field, select “Course content tool” and check the box for “Allows grading”.
- In the “Tool Provider URL” field, enter “https://edpuzzle.com/lti/assignments/launch”
- Click the “Submit” button to finish the setup process.
Note: Double-check that you've enabled grading for LTI Tool providers by going to LTI Tool Providers > Manage Global Properties > Enable grading.
II. How to Assign a Video Lesson on Blackboard
- Log into Blackboard and select the class you want to assign a video lesson.
- Click on the “Build Content” tab.
- Select “Edpuzzle” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Name” field, type in a name for your assignment.
- Under “Grading,” type in the maximum number of points in the “Points Possible” field (i.e. 100, 10, etc.).
- Decide if you want to set a due date, and then click the “Submit” button.
- Now, you’ll see the name of your assignment – click on it to open your Edpuzzle My Content library.
- Select the video lesson you want to assign.
- Click the blue “Assign” button.
- Choose whether you want to prevent skipping or turn on closed captions using the toggle switches next to each option.
- Click the blue “Assign” button to confirm your choices.
- Now your edpuzzle assignment will appear for your students right from within Blackboard!
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org