Take advantage of Edpuzzle’s integration with Blackboard so your students can watch and complete their edpuzzles directly from your LMS, and grades will be synced automatically!
Just ask your IT Admin to follow these steps to set it up for your whole school or district:
- Log in to Blackboard and go to the “Administrator Panel.”
- Click on “Register Provider Domain” under “LTI Tool Providers.”
- In the “Provider Domain” field, type in “edpuzzle.com.”
- In the “Default Configuration” field, select “Set globally.”
- Enter in the Tool Provider Key and the Tool Provider Secret provided to you by Edpuzzle. (Can also be found in the “School” tab of your profile on Edpuzzle.)
- Under “Institution Policies,” select “Send user data over any connection” and check all three checkboxes (“Role in Course,” “Name,” and “Email Address”) under “User Fields to Send.”
- Click the black “Submit” button.
- Under “TOOL/PROVIDER,” select the checkbox next to “edpuzzle.com.”
- From the drop-down menu, select “Manage Placements.”
- Click the “Create Placement” button.
- In the “Label” field, type in “Edpuzzle.”
- In the “Handle” field, type in “Edpuzzle.”
- In the “Type” field, select “Course content tool” and check the box next to “Allows grading.”
- In the “Tool Provider URL,” type in https://edpuzzle.com/lti/assignments/launch
- Double-check that the Tool Provider Key and the Tool Provider Secret are correct.
- Click the black “Submit” button to finish the set-up process.
Note: Please make sure that you've enabled grading for LTI Tool providers by selecting to LTI Tool Providers > Manage Global Properties > Enable grading.
For teachers, when you want to assign your first edpuzzle from Blackboard, here are the steps to do it!
- Log in to Blackboard and select the class you want to assign an edpuzzle for.
- Click on the “Build Content” tab.
- Select “Edpuzzle” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Name” field, type in a name for your assignment.
- Under “GRADING,” type in the maximum number of points in the “Points Possible” field (i.e. 100, 10, etc.).
- Decide if you want to set a due date, and then click the black “Submit” button.
- Now, you’ll see the name of your assignment – click on it.
- This will open Edpuzzle in Blackboard where you’ll see all of your content. Click on the video lesson you want to assign.
- Click the blue “Assign” button, decide if you want to prevent skipping or turn on closed captions, and then click the blue “Assign” button to confirm.
- Now your edpuzzle will appear for your students right from within Blackboard!
Need help with any of this? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.