When you integrate Edpuzzle with PowerSchool, teachers will be able to assign video lessons for students to complete, all right from within PowerSchool!
In this article, you'll find sections on:
I. How to Integrate Edpuzzle With PowerSchool
You’ll need to ask your IT Admin to set up the integration for your whole school or district by following these steps:
- Log in to PowerSchool and go to “Domain Control.”
- Click on the “Applications” tab.
- Select “LTI Tools” from the menu.
- Click on “+ Add LTI Tool.”
- Type in “Edpuzzle” for the configuration name.
- In the “Host” field, enter: https://edpuzzle.com/lti/assignments/launch
- Enter the Configuration Key and Shared Secret (find this in the “School” tab of your profile on Edpuzzle).
- Check the “Privacy” checkbox that says “Share names and email addresses with tool.”
- Click “Save.”
- If the tool is disabled, click on “Manage Tool” and select “Enable.”
II. How to Assign a Video Lesson on PowerSchool
For teachers, when you want to create an Edpuzzle assignment on PowerSchool, follow these steps:
- Log in to PowerSchool and click on the class you want to assign an edpuzzle for.
- Choose “Activities” from the white menu bar and select “LTI & SCORM” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “+ Add Assignment” button, which will open a pop-up window.
- Click on “Edpuzzle.”
- Enter a title for your assignment, then click “Save & Configure.”
- Click on the edpuzzle you want to assign.
- When you’ve decided if you want to prevent skipping or turn on closed captions, click on the blue “Assign” button.
- In the bottom menu bar, click the “Publish” button.
- A new pop-up will open where you can choose the start date and due date for your assignment, allow late submissions, create a gradebook entry, choose the assignment’s location on your page and how you want to display the assignment (in a link or embedded in your LMS).
- Click “Finish.”
Now your students can see and complete your Edpuzzle assignment right from within PowerSchool! Once your students have completed their assignment and you’ve corrected all their answers, you can enter the grades in the corresponding entry in your PowerSchool gradebook.
Need help with something? Contact us at email@example.com.