Integrate Edpuzzle with your LMS so that teachers can assign video lessons for students to complete right from within Blackbaud!
In this article, you'll find sections on:
I. How to Integrate Edpuzzle With Blackbaud
You’ll need to ask your IT Admin to set up the integration for your whole school or district. (If they need any help, they can reach us at the email address listed at the bottom of this article.) To do so, they'll need to follow these steps:
- From the top menu, select "Core" then "Settings" (with the gear icon), then "Integration settings" and finally choose the "Learning tools" tab.
- Click on the "+ Add Provider" button on the right, which will open up a pop-up window.
- From the "Provider Type" dropdown menu, select "Other Provider."
- In the "Launch URL" field, type in this URL: https://edpuzzle.com/lti/assignments/launch.
- Find the "Consumer Key" and "Shared Secret" in your Edpuzzle profile under the "School" tab. Enter this information in the "Add Provider" pop-up window on Blackbaud, then click the green "Save" button.
II. How to Assign a Video Lesson on Blackbaud
For teachers, when you want to create an Edpuzzle assignment on Blackbaud, follow these steps:
- Log in to Blackbaud and select the class you want to assign an Edpuzzle for.
- Select the “Assignments” tab, then click on the “+ Assignment” button in the menu on the right.
- This will open a pop-up window. Give your assignment a title and a description (optional), and then select your assignment type from the “Type” dropdown menu.
- Choose “Edpuzzle” from the “Learning Tool” dropdown menu, and click on the blue “Save” button which will close the pop-up window.
- Now click on your new Edpuzzle assignment under “Course Work.”
- On the next screen, click “Launch”, which opens Edpuzzle.
- Click on the video lesson of your choice, and then click on the blue “Assign” button.
Now your students can see and complete your Edpuzzle assignment right from Blackbaud!
Once your students have completed their assignment and you’ve corrected all their answers, you can enter the grades in the corresponding entry in your Blackbaud gradebook.
Need help with something? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.