If you'd like to exempt a student from a certain video lesson for whatever reason (if they've been absent for example), you can do it in just a few simple steps!
- Select "My Classes" from the top menu bar.
- Choose the class your student belongs to.
- Click on the video lesson you want to exempt them from.
- Scroll down to find your student's name.
- Click the "..." button next to the far right in the row with their name.
- Select "Unassign" from the dropdown menu.
- Click the "Yes, unassign" button in the pop-up window.
That will exempt your student from that particular video lesson! (Please note that this option is NOT available for Google Classroom integrated classes.)
You might also be interested in our article on how to reset an assignment for a student.