Classroom and Progress
Check my progress and grade
If you want to see what you answered in a video, find which answers you have right or wrong or see a more detailed report of your response. Please select which app are you using:
If you think your grade is incorrect or you are seeing different results depending on the device you check please check this article.
Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer...)
- Go to "My Classes"
- For each video-lesson, you will see a quick graphical summary of what you have already completed
- If you want a more detailed progress report click the blue "Progress" button. It will be white instead of blue if you haven't finished the assignment
- You will be able to see which percentage of the video you have watched, how many correct responses you have and your grade.
- Select one of your classes. For each video-lesson, you will see if you've finished the video, if you've seen some or not even started.
2. If you want a more detailed progress report click the white "Progress" button.
3. You will be able to see which percentage of the video you have watched, how many Open Ended Questions are pending to be graded and the response of your Multiple Choice Questions.
- Select a class.
- For each video-lesson, you will see a quick summary of your progress and grade. Click on the gray button at the right of the lesson.
3. You will be able to see which percentage of the video you have watched, how many correct responses you have and your grade.
I'm a Student and I want to Leave a Class
If you have enrolled in the wrong classroom, or you want to leave an old classroom that is not active anymore you will need to contact your teacher and ask them to get in touch with Edpuzzle Support.
They will find the instructions to do so in these articles:
- Delete a class: https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009934932
- Remove a student: https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009934972
Turn in assignments
Your answers are automatically saved to Edpuzzle every time you hit the 'submit' button after a quiz. Therefore, there is no need to turn in assignments since they have been already saved.
To check if your assignment has been recorded, after watching a video please press the red "Report" button to see if you have watched the 100% of the video and your answer have been recorded.
My grade or progress isn't updating or correct
If your grade is incorrect or you have watched the video but your video progress is not updating from your teacher's side or from another device it can be due to multiple things:
- It is giving me a lower grade than expected
- I believe the correct answer was the one I chose
- I see the different grade on another device. My progress is not appearing in my teacher's page
I have a lower grade than expectedMultiple choice questions and answers are automatically graded and set by the teacher. However, if the question is open-ended, it usually does not have a unique correct answer and, so, it's the teacher who grades the responses.
Therefore it is possible that your answers have not been counted wrong. Your teacher has not yet corrected them and since they were open-ended questions until he/she corrects them your grade will be marked as if they were wrong, so you will have to wait until he/she corrects them.
If you want to know more about your grade, check this article on how to see a more detailed report
I believe the correct answer was the one I choseIf you selected an answer choice you believe is correct, but it was marked incorrect in the video, feel free to leave your teacher a comment explaining your point of view.
Here is an article on how to do so!
I see a different grade from another device. My progress is not appearing on my teacher's page
Usually, this happens when you have created two accounts and enrolled in the same classroom, it is possible that from one end you are seeing the progress you created in one account and from the other side you see the progress from the other. To check if you have created two accounts please ask your teacher to check his/her "Members" page. He/She will be able to ask us to delete your account. If you don't see two accounts under your name at the "Members" page, please check that you are enrolled in the same class on both accounts.
How to write or find Teacher's comments
If you want to clarify your answer to the teacher, you can do so by adding a comment to the response. Or, if your teacher has already left you a comment on your question in Edpuzzle, here is how you can find them and write your teacher back!
- Go to "My Classes"
- Find the assignment and click the blue "Progress" button. It will be white instead of blue if you haven't finished the assignment
- If your teacher has left you a comment, first press the button that says "1 comment". If you want to send a comment to the teacher instead, find the question and press the "Add comment" button
- A pop-up will appear with the question, your answer, and any previous comments you or your teacher have written.
Unfortunately, comments are not available yet on our Android and iOS app so you will have to use a computer in order to write to your teacher. Also, there is no notification system available at the moment so you will have to specifically search for the teacher's comments manually.