In Edpuzzle, you can comment on a student’s response to any question in order to provide the student with clarifying information, helpful tips, or encouragement.
To post your comment:
- Choose a class from the list under “My Classes” in the menu on the left-hand side of your page.
- Select an assignment.
- Select a student from the “Students” tab on the assignment.
- Scroll through the questions and submitted responses to find the one you wish to comment on.
- Click the “Comment” button to the right of that question.
- Type your feedback in the pop-up window that appears and then click “Comment” to post it.
For students to view your comment:
- Go to the assignment again.
- If you’re using classic Edpuzzle classes or Google Classroom connected classes, students can log into their Edpuzzle account as usual, locate your class from the list of classes on the left-hand side of their page, go to the “Completed” tab, and then select the assignment in question.
- If you’re using classes integrated with an LMS (like Canvas, Schoology, etc.) students should access the assignment again from your LMS, as they would normally.
- Click the blue “Show Results” button.
- Scroll down to view all questions and submitted responses.
- Your comment on a question will appear right below it with your name and a timestamp.
- Students can respond if necessary by clicking the word “Comment” below your feedback. Their comment will appear in the same location in your teacher account.
Note: Comments cannot be edited or deleted, but you can add as many as you like. This is useful if you want to include more information or clarify something from your first comment.
If you’re interested in providing immediate feedback for all students, check out this article.