Once you’ve created your class, you’re ready to invite your students! You can do this by sharing either your class code or a direct class link with them. If you use Google Classroom, you can also import your students directly from Google Classroom.
Using your class code
Note: Scroll down to the "Importing new students from Google Classroom" of this article if you're using Google Classroom.
Each class you create is associated with a unique class code that connects your students to the class. If a student doesn’t have an Edpuzzle account yet, they'll be prompted to create one in order to join the class. Here’s how to invite your students:
- Click the “My Classes” tab in the top right corner.
- Select the class you'd like to invite your students to.
- Click on the "Students" tab and then the blue “Invite students” button.
Note: If you can’t find your class code and you’re missing the blue “Invite students” button, you already connected your class to Google Classroom.
Importing new students from Google Classroom
When you connect your Google Classroom to Edpuzzle, the roster is automatically imported.
However, once a classroom has been connected to Google Classroom, the only way to add more students is to add the students to the Google Classroom course and then import them to Edpuzzle.
Here's how you can import your Google Classroom roster to Edpuzzle:
- Check your Google Classroom to make sure the student is on the roster for the same Google Classroom connected class to Edpuzzle. If not, you'll need to add them to the Google Classroom before proceeding.
- In Edpuzzle, click the "My Classes" tab at the top right.
- Select the class you've connected to Google Classroom.
- Click the "Students tab" and on the right-hand side, you'll see the "Import students" button. Click it, and you're ready to go!
Any new students who joined the Google Classroom course after it was originally imported will be enrolled in the Edpuzzle classroom. The student will have to log in to Edpuzzle with their Google Classroom account and be on the Google Classroom roster as well.
With open classes, your students can join a class and complete assignments without an Edpuzzle account! To invite students to the class, click on the "Invite students” button in the upper right-hand corner of the class page. You can either share the link or class code with your students. Students won’t be able to save their sessions, so if they leave your open class and then join again at a later time, they’ll be treated as a new user.
In contrast with classic classes, open classes don’t have a “Student” tab. This is because each assignment will generate its own list of students as they join your open class.