You can post assignments directly to Google Classroom from Edpuzzle in one of two ways.
Using the Edpuzzle Google Classroom Add-on:
Not all schools/districts will have access to add-ons. If you’re not sure if your school does, check with your admin!
- Log into your Google Classroom account.
- Select the class you want to assign your video lesson to.
- Click on the “Classwork” tab
- Click on the “+Create” button and then choose “Assignment” to start creating a new assignment.
- Add your assignment title and any desired instructions.
- Select “Edpuzzle” from the “Add-ons” section.
- If this is your first time connecting the class to Edpuzzle, you’ll immediately be prompted to add some class details before moving forward. This will create an associated class on Edpuzzle where you can view assignments and student progress/grades. Fill in the required fields and click “Next.”
If you’ve previously connected this class to Edpuzzle you’ll only need to sign in to your Edpuzzle account to continue.
- Choose the video lesson you want to assign from your My Content library by clicking on the video thumbnail, then click “Assign” at the bottom right to confirm your choice.
- On the next screen, choose whether you want to prevent skipping or turn on closed captions using the toggle switches next to each option.
- Click “Assign” to save your selection. The pop-up window will close automatically, bringing you back to complete the rest of your Google Classroom assignment parameters.
- After posting the assignment, it will appear under Classwork in Google Classroom for you and your students!
Note: While using the Edpuzzle add-on in Google Classroom, any due date you choose for an assignment will not transfer to Edpuzzle.
Using imported Google Classroom courses:
With this method, you must first import your course(s) from Google Classroom to Edpuzzle. For more information about that process, check out this article.
- Log in to your Edpuzzle account.
- Click on your "My Content" library from the menu on the left-hand side of your page.
- Check the box(es) below the video(s) you wish to assign.
- Select "Assign" from the bottom menu.
- Choose the class(es) you want to assign the video to.
- Click the "Next" button at the top of the page.
- Add a start date and due date (if necessary) and choose if you want to prevent skipping or turn on closed-captioning.
- Use the drop-down under "Attempts" to select the number of attempts you'd like to offer students to complete the assignment.
- Toggle the “Post on Google Classroom” option to “On.” This will post the assignment to the course in Google Classroom and ensure that progress and grades will sync to your Google Classroom grade book from Edpuzzle.
- Click the "Assign" button at the top of the page and you're done!
Note: If you want to schedule an assignment for the future, remember to set a start date BEFORE you post your assignment to Google Classroom.
Here’s a quick video tutorial to walk you through the above steps:
For more information on integrating with Google Classroom, check out this article.