Why would I add audio? Studies show that students pay more attention to information if they hear it from a familiar voice. An audio track is a voice track for the entire duration of the video.
To record an audio track, use the video editing page and follow these steps:
- In “My Content”, hover over the video you would like to edit and click the pencil button
- Click the button with a speaker icon, in the top bar
- Next, move your cursor to below the video and click the blue microphone icon next to the play button. This will start recording your voice.
- If it is your first time recording audio on Edpuzzle, a pop-up window will appear in the top left of your screen, click “allow” so that your video can be recorded
- To preview what is coming up in the video, click the play button (this does not record your voice)
- You record your voice for the whole duration of the video, but if you want to pause recording, press the pause button
- To resume recording your voice, press the microphone button again.
Great, now you can record an audio track for a video on the editing page! Remember that you have to record audio for the whole video to be able to save it.
Note: if you’ve recorded a section and realize that you need to re-record it, there is an option below the video to “Remove the last recording”. Clicking this will only remove the part that you just recorded. If you want to remove everything recorded so far, instead click the “Reset the whole recording” button.
If you'd like to go check out how to record an audio note, check out this article: https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007543952