If your school uses Google Classroom or Google Workspace, connecting your Google account is a quick and easy process!
You can connect your Edpuzzle account to your Google account and Google Classroom in two ways.
Connecting your Google account when signing up:
- At the top of the Edpuzzle homepage, click "Sign up."
- Select "I’m a Teacher."
- Click the "Sign in with Google" button and select the appropriate Google account when prompted.
- Now your new account is automatically connected to Google! You'll be able to use the "Sign in with Google" button for added privacy and security.
Connecting your Google account from your Settings:
- Log in to your Edpuzzle account with your email and password.
- Click the circular icon in the upper right-hand corner of your page and then on your name in the drop-down menu.
- Once on your Profile page, scroll down to the section labeled "Connected accounts."
- Click "Connect with Google" and select the appropriate Google account when prompted.
- Now your account is connected to Google! You'll be able to use the "Sign in with Google" button for added privacy and security and easily integrate with Google Classroom as well.
Approving the use of Edpuzzle
Those who use Google Workspace for Education and have students under the age of 18 will need to approve the use of Edpuzzle as a third-party app. If you or your students encounter an error message requesting administrator approval or indicating that access to Edpuzzle is blocked when trying to connect your Google account to your Edpuzzle account, when importing classes from Google Classroom, or when trying to log into Edpuzzle, check with your IT admin help!
Here are two articles from Google on this feature and how to approve apps:
If Edpuzzle has not been approved by your Google Workspace admin, you and your students may not be able to access your Edpuzzle accounts.
Note: Your account email and your connected Google account email can be different!
To learn about integrating with Google Classroom, check out this article.