If you can't import your classes from Google Classroom or you're having problems when trying to post or update assignments or sync grades, there could be a problem with Google’s permissions.
Usually, this occurs when your Google account's permissions for Edpuzzle have expired. This normally happens at the beginning of the course or after a period of inactivity and means that Edpuzzle isn't able to access the information from your Google Classroom account.
In order to fix these issues, the first step is to disconnect your Google account from Edpuzzle and then reconnect it. Here's how to do this:
- Visit your Edpuzzle profile (www.edpuzzle.com/profile).
- Scroll down to the “Connected accounts” section.
- Click the “Disconnect” button next to your Google account.
- Then, click the “Connect with Google” button in the same location and select the appropriate account in the pop-up window.
- Visit Edpuzzle and try again!
If this doesn’t solve the issue, please do the following:
- Visit https://myaccount.google.com/permissions.
- Select Edpuzzle and then click on the “REMOVE ACCESS” button. You may have to scroll down and repeat the process for multiple sections.
- Visit Edpuzzle, and try again. You will need to grant permission again to your Google account.
At some schools, permissions are set by the IT department. In this case, we need you to contact your IT admin and request that they reset your Google Classroom permissions for Edpuzzle. From the Google Admin site, your IT admin should follow these steps:
- Select the affected user's account > Security > Connected Applications > Remove Edpuzzle permissions.
Once the IT admin has removed these permissions, you can log back in. You’ll be prompted to click the “Allow” permission button to access Google Classroom and everything will re-sync perfectly.
Note: These steps won’t affect or modify your existing classes.