With Edpuzzle, importing the grades from an assignment is a breeze. In fact, it's virtually automatic!
Below you'll find more detailed information about exporting grades for your specific LMS.
Grades are exported automatically for your students when they complete an assignment and you grade all of their answers. You can also manually export grades at any time by following these steps:
- From the home screen, go to "My Classes."
- Select the class from the menu on the left that you'd like to export grades for.
- Select the assignment from the list of assignments.
- From the menu on the right, click on "Export grades to LMS" and you're done!
Keep in mind that when you export your Edpuzzle grades to Google Classroom, they'll appear in one of two ways:
- "Returned." This means that the assignment on Edpuzzle was completed by the student and graded by the teacher, including open-ended questions. This grade will be visible to the student on Google Classroom. Note that grades will be exported automatically once a student has completed an assignment and all the questions have been graded.
- "Draft." This means that the assignment on Edpuzzle either was NOT completed by the student or that the teacher still has questions to grade. This grade will NOT be visible to the student on Google Classroom.
To change the grade from "Draft" to "Returned" so the student can see it, you can simply type in the grade in Google Classroom and change the status manually to "Returned."
Note: When you export Edpuzzle grades, don't worry if they appear as "Not turned in" on Google Classroom. This is simply because students didn't have to manually turn in the assignment on Google Classroom since you exported their grades for them from Edpuzzle.
Canvas, Schoology and Moodle
Grades are exported automatically for all the assignments you create directly from your LMS. Just click on the course and go to the gradebook. Here are the steps to view your gradebook for each LMS:
- On Canvas and Moodle, click on the "Grades" tab.
- On Schoology, click on "Gradebook."
Once in the gradebook, a dash or a white space means that the student hasn't completed the assignment yet. Open-ended answers will count as a "0" until you correct them.
Grades on Edpuzzle range from 0-100. On your LMS, however, you can configure how many points you want to award each assignment, and the gradebook will automatically make the conversion.
You can also manually change your students' grades in the gradebook, but those changes won't be visible on Edpuzzle.
To reset the progress for one of your students, follow these steps:
- Go to the assignment in your LMS.
- In the Edpuzzle window, find the student, click on the "..." button next to the student's name and click "Reset progress."
- Now, to make this change show up in your LMS gradebook, go back to the assignment view on Edpuzzle and click "Export grades to LMS." This will manually sync the grades to reflect the changes.
If you need any additional help exporting grades to your LMS, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.