In this article, we’ll walk you through how to set up the Edpuzzle app on Schoology. You’ll be able to assign Edpuzzle video lessons and your students can watch and complete them right from Schoology.
Set up the integration yourself by following the steps in this article, or forward it to your IT admin or tech support person to install the integration for your whole school or district!
Once you’ve installed the Edpuzzle app from the Schoology app center, you’ll need two pieces of information: the consumer key and the shared secret. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- To find your consumer key and shared secret, log into Edpuzzle.
- Click on your circular profile icon in the upper right-hand corner, select your name from the dropdown menu to go to your profile, then click on the “School” tab.
- In the LMS dropdown menu at the bottom of the page, select Schoology.
- If you don’t already see the consumer key and the shared secret, click the “Generate” button.
- Go back to Schoology, where you'll have 2 options:
- If you installed Edpuzzle at the course level, open up your course and click on “Course Options,” then select “External Tool Providers.” Click on the Edpuzzle external tool. A pop-up window will open allowing you to enter the consumer key and the shared secret, then click “Submit.”
- If you installed Edpuzzle at the organization level, go to your "Organization Apps" and click on "Configure" next to the Edpuzzle app. A pop-up window will open allowing you to enter the consumer key and the shared secret, then click “Submit.”
Please note you may not have permission as a teacher to add external apps.
Once Edpuzzle has been added to Schoology, all you need to do is select the course of your choice and then click on “Edpuzzle” in the side menu. You’ll be prompted to log in or sign up, and away you go – your Edpuzzle class is all set up!
To assign an Edpuzzle video lesson on Schoology:
- Go to “Courses” and choose the course you’d like to assign an edpuzzle for.
- Click on “Materials.”
- In the “Add Materials” drop-down menu, select “Edpuzzle.”
- This will open a pop-up window showing your “My Content” on Edpuzzle.
- Select your video lesson.
- Click the blue “Assign” button, which will return you to the “Materials” page.
- Click on the gear icon to the right of the assignment you've just created.
- Check the “Enable Grading” box in the pop-up window and click the blue “Save Changes” button. You can optionally set a due date at this point.
- Now your video lesson is ready for your students on Schoology!
Note: Your students will start to appear as they click on the assignment link.
Best of all, once students complete the lessons their grades will automatically sync with Schoology – couldn’t be easier!
Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com.