Keep all of your video lessons and grades in the same place with Edpuzzle’s seamless integration with Moodle.
In this article, you'll find sections on:
Set up the integration yourself by following the steps in this article, or forward it to your IT admin or tech support person to install the integration for your whole school or district!
I. How to Integrate Edpuzzle With Moodle
Follow these steps to integrate Edpuzzle with Moodle:
- Log in to Moodle and click on “Site administration” in the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the “Plugins” tab.
- Scroll down and select “Manage tools” (under “External tool”).
- Under “Add tool,” click on the hyperlink “configure a tool manually.”
- On the “External tool configuration” screen, fill in the fields for “Tool name” (Edpuzzle), “Tool URL” (https://lticonfig.edpuzzle.com/moodle/admin_config.xml), “Consumer key” and “Shared secret.” (The consumer key and shared secret can be found in the “School” tab in your profile on Edpuzzle.)
- For the “Tool configuration usage” field, select the third option: “Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool.”
- For the “Default launch container” field, select the “Embed, without blocks” option.
- Click on the “Show more…” hyperlink in blue, then select the “Content-Item Message” checkbox below the “Default launch container” field.
- Under the “Privacy” tab, select “Always” for the fields “Share launcher’s name with tool” and “Accept grades from the tool.” Select the “Force SSL” checkbox.
- Click on the blue “Save changes” button.
- Now Edpuzzle will appear in your tools!
II. How to Assign a Video Lesson on Moodle
Once you’ve integrated Edpuzzle, you’ll need to follow these steps to assign an edpuzzle on Moodle:
- Select the class you’d like to assign an edpuzzle for from the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the “+ Add an activity or resource” hyperlink on the right in the section of your choice.
- From the pop-up window, select Edpuzzle and click the blue “Add” button.
- On the next screen, click on the gray “Select content” button.
- A pop-up window will open showing you your available edpuzzles. Select the edpuzzle of your choice and click the blue “Assign” button which will close the pop-up.
- The title of your edpuzzle should now appear in the “Activity name" field.
- Now you can choose from the two blue buttons: select either “Save and return to course” or “Save and display.”
- Now your video lesson will appear for your class on Moodle and your grades will be automatically synced!