What is Edpuzzle?
Dear parents and guardians,
From one parent to another, we know it can be hard to trust your child with a computer or a smartphone, especially with websites like YouTube where it’s difficult to filter inappropriate content.
On the other hand, we also know that learning from videos is an important 21st-century skill. That’s why we’ve built a highly secure platform that allows teachers to make any video their lesson. Students can finally watch videos safely as an engaging educational resource.
With Edpuzzle, students can only watch the video lessons assigned by the teacher. In other words, the teacher will be the one filtering the content from YouTube so that students can only view educational content. Teachers embed their own questions in the video, and students will receive immediate feedback so they can see if they’ve understood the content or not.
For your peace of mind, we take security and privacy very seriously at Edpuzzle. We’ve been awarded with multiple certifications for our security and compliance with privacy protection. At Edpuzzle, you’ll find a safe environment that will empower your child to take ownership of their learning one video at a time.
All the best,
The Edpuzzle Team
My child doesn't know their class code
If your child doesn't know their class code for Edpuzzle, don’t worry! There are two ways to get into the class:
- If their teacher shared a link or an embedded video with them, simply click on it and click the “Join” button when the pop-up window opens.
- If your child doesn't have a link or video, you’ll need to ask their teacher or another classmate for the code. Let them know that they will be able to find it in one of two places:
- Teachers: By clicking the "Invite more students" button at the top right of the class.
- Classmates: On the "My Classes" page, in the upper-righthand corner.
- If the teacher uses Google Classroom, your child won't need a class code as they’ll be automatically enrolled in Edpuzzle.
- Double-check that your child is logging into Edpuzzle with the same email address they use for Google Classroom. Your child will just need to click "Sign in with Google" in the login window.
If your child hasn't created an account and needs some help check out this article on how to join a class as a student.
How to report inappropriate content or abuse
With a student account, your child will only be able to see videos assigned to them by teachers.
First of all, make sure your child is logged in with the correct account. If your child is using Google to log in:
- First, log out of all Google accounts in the current browser.
- Refresh Edpuzzle.
- Click on “Sign in with Google” and sign in with your child’s email address.
If your child is logged in with the correct account, but you believe the video to be inappropriate, please contact the teacher and school first. Let them know the name of the video and the reasons why you consider it inappropriate.
If you’re not able to solve the problem with the teacher, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. Let us know the title of the video or the name of the teacher who created it, and we’ll review it and remove it if it violates our Terms of Service.
If you detect any kind of abusive behavior by another user (via messages, videos, etc.), report it to the school. They will get in touch with us to take the necessary measures.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be happy to help.
I want to delete my child's account or personal information
To delete your child’s account or personal information, you’ll need to get in touch with the school. Student accounts and personal information can only be deleted or modified via a request from the school to Edpuzzle to ensure that a student’s progress isn’t deleted by mistake.
Need more information? Please contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll be more than happy to help.
My child forgot their password or username
If your child forgets their Edpuzzle username or password, all you need to do is get in touch with their teacher, who will be able to change this information from their teacher account. Alternatively, if the school uses Google Classroom, all your child will need to do is click “Sign in with Google” to log in.
You can also share this article on how to change a student’s name or password with their teacher to help.