My Student Account
How do I view my teacher's comments?
In Edpuzzle, your teacher can comment on your response to any question in order to provide clarifying information, feedback, or helpful tips to move your learning forward.
To view your teacher’s comments:
- Go to the assignment again.
- If you log into Edpuzzle directly to complete your assignments, log into your account as usual, locate the correct class from the list of classes on the left-hand side of your page, go to the “Completed” tab, and then select the assignment.
- If you access your assignments from an LMS (like Canvas, Schoology, Blackboard, etc.) access the assignment again from the LMS, as you would normally.
- Click the blue “Show Results” button.
- Scroll down to view all questions and submitted responses.
- Your teacher’s comments on a question will appear right below it with their name and a timestamp.
- If you’d like to respond to their feedback, just click the word “Comment” below your teacher’s comment. They will be able to see your comment right from their Edpuzzle account.
Note: Comments cannot be edited or deleted. So, make sure that you’re careful about what you write here before submitting a comment to your teacher.
What do I do if a see a 403 error when signing in?
If you’re using a personal device, rather than one that your school has provided, this error may occur if your parents/guardians have Family Link enabled on the device which is blocking Google Sign-In on our website.
Share this link with your parents to have them remove those restrictions: https://support.google.com/families/answer/9204736?hl=en
If you continue to have trouble, talk to your teacher about having them set a password for your account so that you can still access Edpuzzle by logging in with your email and that password, and not by using Google Sign-In.
Your teacher can learn more about setting your password here.
How Do I Delete My Account?
If you’d like to delete your student Edpuzzle account you won’t be able to do so yourself.
To have your account deleted, we will need to receive this request from your teacher or an administrator at your school. They can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit the request.
Alternatively, we will automatically delete your account after 18 months of inactivity. This means that if you don’t access your account at all for 18 months, it will be permanently removed.
Note: When your account is deleted, the account, along with any stored data (assignments, progress, and grades), can’t be recovered. This means that you should be certain you want the account deleted before submitting a request or letting the account expire.
I'm a student. How do I leave a class?
If you're in the wrong class or you want to leave a class that's not active anymore, you'll need to ask the teacher of that particular class to help you with this.
You can share these articles with them for instructions about how they can help:
How do I change my username or password?
If you want to change your username or password, you can do this in the "Settings" tab. Find this page and change the details using these steps:
- Click on your profile icon in the upper-righthand corner.
- Select your name from the dropdown menu.
- Next click on "Settings".
- Here you can change your username or reset your password.
- Click "Save changes" once you've finished.
Note: You can't change your username and/or password in the Edpuzzle app. You'll need to use an internet browser in order to proceed.
If you've forgotten your username or password, then you'll need to ask your teacher to find your username or reset your password for you. Here's the link to an article explaining how they can do this:
I forgot my username.
If you can’t remember your username to log into your Edpuzzle account, ask your teacher for help!
Your teacher can locate your account username by looking up your information under the “Class members” tab of your class from their teacher account.
If you need to change your username once you’ve entered your account, check out this article: https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020027492
I forgot or need to reset my password.
If you don't remember your password, you'll need to ask your teacher to reset it for you. You can share this article with them that has instructions on resetting a student's password:
You might also be interested in our article on how to change your password while logged into your account.
- How can I download the Edpuzzle app for my smartphone or tablet?
How to Use the Edpuzzle App for Students
Once you’ve downloaded the Edpuzzle app for students, it’s easy to log in and watch your video assignments!
Open the app on your smartphone or tablet, and you’ll be prompted to log in, sign up or enter your Open Class code.
To log in, enter your Edpuzzle username and password, or sign in with your Google account.
To sign up with Edpuzzle, enter the class code your teacher gave you, fill out your name and choose a username and password. Alternatively, you can sign in with Google.
To enter an Open Class code, just type in the code your teacher gave you and you’ll be taken directly to your class.
After you’ve logged in, you’ll see your list of classes under “My classes”. To add a class, tap “+ Add Class” at the bottom of your screen and enter your class code.
To complete an assignment, tap on the class, tap on the video lesson you need to watch and then tap the play button to get started! If you can’t find a certain assignment, make sure to check all three tabs: “Due”, “No due date” and “Completed”.
To log out of the app, tap on “Profile” in the bottom menu bar and then on “Log out”.
Note: If you’re using Edpuzzle through an LMS app (Canvas, Schoology, Moodle, etc.), you’ll still need to download the Edpuzzle app. When you go to an Edpuzzle assignment in your LMS app, you’ll be redirected to open the Edpuzzle app to complete the assignment. When finished, you can return to your LMS.
If you have any trouble using the app, report it to your teacher and have them contact us at email@example.com.
What do I do if I accidentally signed up as a teacher?
If you’ve signed into a teacher account by accident instead of signing into your student account you will not be able to access assignments shared with you by your teacher.
To get back to your student account:
- Log out of the teacher account (here's a shortcut to log you out: https://edpuzzle.com/logout).
- Log back in from edpuzzle.com by clicking Log In at the top right of the page.
- Select "I'm a Student".
- Enter your login information or use Google Sign-In.
If you haven’t created an Edpuzzle student account yet, check out this article on how to sign up for Edpuzzle as a student.
In order to limit confusion, if you don’t need a teacher account (most students don’t!) make sure to delete the teacher account you’ve created in error.
To delete the teacher account:
- Click the circular profile icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select your name from the menu that appears.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Delete account" button.
- Read and check all the boxes in the pop-up window, then click the "Delete account" button to confirm the deletion.