In this article, you'll find some basic troubleshooting to help you handle some of the most common issues when using Edpuzzle with an LMS.
#1) I can't log in and I'm using Safari
Safari has a feature called “Prevent cross-site tracking.” This feature prevents LMS' from being able to connect to Edpuzzle and can generate multiple errors such as not being able to sign in.
If you're using Safari on Mac:
- Open Safari.
- From the top bar, click on "Safari" and then on "Preferences..."
- In the new window, go the "Privacy" tab.
- Uncheck the "Prevent cross-site tracking" option.
- Log out of your LMS and close Safari.
- Open Safari again and log in to your LMS.
If you're using an iPhone or iPad:
- Go to the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and look for Safari. Tap it.
- Look for the "Privacy & Security" section.
- Toggle off the "Prevent cross-site tracking" option.
#2) I can't log in and I'm not using Safari OR #1 didn't work
Please make sure that you have cookies and pop-overs enabled by following the steps mentioned here: I can't log in / sign up.
#3) I can't connect Canvas with Edpuzzle: Canvas Invalid Domain
This issue occurs when the Canvas domain that has been registered to Edpuzzle doesn't match the actual domain on Canvas.
The Canvas domain is the URL address that refers to the accounts for a specific school. It sometimes looks like: "yourschoolname.instructure.com" but can take other forms in some configurations.
Please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Your consumer key.
- The correct Canvas domain.
To find your Canvas domain, please open your Canvas account and look at the browser’s address bar. That URL is the domain.
To find the consumer key, follow these steps:
- In Edpuzzle, visit your Profile.
- Go to the "School" tab.
- Scroll down to the section "LMS LTI integration" and select Canvas from the LMS drop-down.
- The consumer key will appear below the domain field.
If the error you're experiencing isn't listed here or you need any further assistance, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.