How do I use Autograde for open-ended questions?
With Edpuzzle’s Autograde feature, we’ll help grade open-ended questions to save you time and energy.
Here’s how to use Autograde:
- Head to the assignment you want to grade and click “X Answers to grade” at the top of the page to access any questions with open-ended responses waiting to be graded.
- Click “Autograde” beneath a question.
- Enter the ideal answer in the text box that appears.
- Click “Autograde” on the right.
- Student responses to that question will automatically be compared to the ideal answer and then graded as correct (100 points) or incorrect (0 points).
- If you need to make adjustments to the grades at any time, you can do so by using the X and checkmark or the number out of 100 to the right of each student’s response.
Note: Short, succinct ideal answers work best for this feature. If a question requires a long response with a lot of nuances, you may prefer to grade answers manually.
To learn more about viewing your students’ progress and grading, check out this article.
Autograde is just one tool available in Edpuzzle's Teacher Assist suite of tools. To learn more about Teacher Assist, check out this video.
How do I use the Question Generator?
With Edpuzzle’s Question Generator, we’ll use information pulled from a video to generate and embed questions automatically.
Here’s how to use the Question Generator:
- Select the video you want to use and click “Edit” to open the video editor.
- Click on the "Questions" tab above the video.
- Click the “Generate Questions” button.
- Select the type of questions you’d like to add. You can choose multiple-choice, open-ended, or both. Once you’ve made your selection, questions will automatically be embedded in the video.
- You can review and edit the questions in the Video Events sidebar or by clicking on them from the video timeline.
- To quickly delete any questions you don’t want, click the “Discard” button under the question in the Video Events sidebar.
- Assign your video lesson!
This feature can only be used on videos that don’t already have embedded questions. To generate all new questions for a video, you can delete any existing questions, but keep in mind that once a question has been deleted, it cannot be recovered.
Note: Not all videos will have the option to add auto-generated questions. If we don’t have enough information to provide high-quality results, the Question Generator may not be available.
The Question Generator is just one tool available in Edpuzzle's Teacher Assist suite of tools. To learn more about Teacher Assist, check out this video.