Managing My Content
How do change the privacy settings for my videos?
When a video is set to Public, this means that it will be visible and searchable by other Edpuzzle users. If you would like to make your video lesson available to others in your school, or across Edpuzzle, set it to Public.
When a video is set to Private, this means that only you and your students will be able to view it: You at any time from your My Content area, and your students only when the video is assigned to them.
If you're looking to share a specific video lesson with a colleague and you’re not seeing the "Share Preview" option when viewing the video, this means that it is set to Private. You will see "Private" listed in the menu at the top of the page. Click the word “Private” to toggle the setting to "Public" and the Share Preview option will become available so that you can retrieve a preview link or embed code.
To start, all your videos will be Public. Here's how you can change your overall video privacy settings:
- Go to the Settings tab within your profile.
- Under the Privacy section, toggle between Public and Private to set your preference. Any new videos added to your content will default to that setting moving forward.
Note: You will still be able to change the settings for individual videos using the steps mentioned above, no matter your overall privacy settings.
Can I upload my own videos?
Absolutely! To upload your own videos to Edpuzzle:
- Click on the blue "Add Content" button at the top of your page.
- Select "Upload video" from the drop-down menu.
- From here you can either drag the video file into the box framed with a dotted line, click "Choose a file…” to upload a video file from your computer, or click “Google Drive” to upload a video file directly from your Google Drive.
- Once you've selected your file it will automatically start uploading and appear in your "My Content" library.
Edpuzzle supports many video formats including AVI, MOV and MP4. All uploaded files must be under 1 GB in size.
Note: Content you upload must not infringe on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Edpuzzle reserves the right to identify and terminate users who violate this law per our Terms of Service.
How do I upload a video from an external app?
The digital whiteboard videos you make in Explain Everything can be uploaded from either your iPad, web browser, Android, or Chromebook device.
To upload your video from your iPad:
- Tap on the Share button.
- Select Export and choose Video.
- Select Edpuzzle as the destination. The video will be immediately uploaded to your My Content page within your Edpuzzle account.
To upload a video from a web browser, Android or Chromebook device:
- Create a web video link or export your project as a video on your tablet once you finish your recording.
- Download the mp4 file (skip this step if you have already exported your video).
- Upload the video to Edpuzzle manually.
Now you can upload your Screencastify recordings to Edpuzzle and embed questions for added engagement!
Before you can upload a recording to Edpuzzle, you'll first need to add it from the App Smash Library in Screencastify.
To add Edpuzzle to your Share Options
- Select "Add more share options" in the Share section of the Video Page.
- On the new page that pops up, toggle Edpuzzle on.
Once you've added Edpuzzle as a share option, it'll display on the Video Page for all future and past recordings.
To upload your recording to Edpuzzle:
- Select "Upload to Edpuzzle" under the Share Options on the Video Page.
- In the new tab that pops up, select "Google Drive." This will allow us to upload the video directly from your Google Drive account to Edpuzzle.
- In the Google Drive file picker, select the video you'd like to upload.
- That's it! Your video will begin processing on Edpuzzle.
How do I share my videos with other teachers?
There are two ways to share your Edpuzzle videos with your colleagues.
Sharing through the school channel
As long as you and your colleagues belong to the same school in Edpuzzle, you can quickly and easily share content!
To do this:
- Click “Discover” from the menu on the left-hand side of your page.
- Click “My School” towards the top of the page.
- Use the filters to find content created by colleagues.
To find a specific colleague’s content, select “My School” or "My Network" from the menu on the left-hand side of your page then choose a teacher to view all of their public lessons.
If you can't find your colleague and have checked to make sure you're in the same school, then either you or your colleague may not have verified your account email. To learn more, check out our article on email verification.
Sharing a video link with a colleague
You can also use a link to share video content with your colleagues. From this link, teachers can review or copy the video to their own My Content library.
To find your video's preview link:
- Click on the content you want to share in your My Content library.
- Click the "Share preview" option in the menu at the top of the page.
If you don't see this, it means that your video is set to private and you will see the word “Private” with a lock icon in that menu. Videos must be public in order to be shared and viewed by others. To change this setting, click “Private” to toggle the setting to “Public.”
- A pop-up with appear and provide you with a preview link and embed code.
- Copy the link or embed code to share the video.
Note: Any progress and responses won't be recorded from those accessing the video using a preview link, as it's meant mainly for sharing content with colleagues, and not for assigning to students. If you'd like to assign a video lesson to your students and record their progress, check out this article.
How do I delete video lessons?
To delete video lessons from "My Content":
- Select "My Content" in the menu on the left-hand side of your page.
- Check the box or boxes for the video(s) you'd like to delete and select "Delete" from the bottom menu that appears.
- This will open a new pop-up where you’ll be asked if you are sure you want to delete the selected video(s).
- Click the blue "Delete content" button to delete the video(s). If you decide you do not want to delete the video(s), click the white “Keep content” button.
Note: When you delete a video, all the student data associated with it (grades and progress) will remain visible on the associated assignment(s) and in your Gradebook.
Once a video has been deleted, it can’t be recovered!
How can I get more storage space?
If you've used your maximum amount of storage space and would like more room, we'd love to show you how! Your storage maximum is flexible, meaning you can permanently increase the original 20 video limit through referrals or by upgrading to a Pro plan.
Check out the two options below for how to increase your storage limit:
- Refer your colleagues to Edpuzzle! Are you enjoying Edpuzzle? Share the love! For every referral that creates and verifies an Edpuzzle account, both of you will receive space for three more videos or student projects! Log into Edpuzzle and then click here to invite them.
- Talk to your school about going Pro! There are probably more teachers than you think using Edpuzzle at your school. When your school gets a Pro license, your admins gain access to curated curriculum for PD and student certifications, your school gets dedicated support, training and coaching, and all the teachers receive unlimited storage space! Share our pricing page with your admin or department head so that they can check out our low-cost licensing options and apply to become Pro.
If you're not able to share Edpuzzle or get your school to subscribe to Pro, you can always delete content you're not using to free up some space. If that's not an option either, you might consider getting an individual Pro Teacher license to enjoy unlimited storage space.
Occasionally, Edpuzzle may create unique promotional codes for events or special circumstances. You’ll be able to enter a promo code if you’re registered at a non-Pro school.
To use your promo code:
- Click on your profile menu (the icon in the upper-right corner while logged in).
- Click on your name.
- Select the “Plan” tab.
- Scroll down to find the promo code box.
- Enter your code and click the blue "Apply" button.
With an Edpuzzle Pro account, you'll have unlimited video lesson storage. If your school is ready, you can request pricing for our Edpuzzle Pro plans. Our Pro School team will reach out to you and be happy to help you along the way!
How do I create folders for my videos?
When your My Content library starts to get a bit crowded, it’s easy to organize your lessons using folders.
To create a folder:
- Click "My Content" in the menu on the left-hand side of your page to get to your My Content library.
- Click the "+ Add folder" button towards the top of the page.
- Enter a name for the folder and description.
- Click "Create" to add your new folder.
To move video lessons into a folder:
- Check the box below the video thumbnail (you can select as many videos as you want).
- Select the "Move to folder" option in the menu bar at the bottom of your page.
- Then, choose the folder you want to move the video(s) to.
- Click "Move" to confirm your choice.
To edit or delete a folder:
- Check the box beside the folder name.
- In the menu bar that appears at the bottom of the page, select "Edit" to change the folder's name or description, or "Delete" to delete the folder and its contents entirely.
Keep in mind that if you delete a folder, that folder and its contents cannot be recovered!
How can I sort my videos?
Now that you’ve found some great content, you might want to start organizing! If you haven't learned yet, you can also check out our article on how to create folders to keep your content organized.
You can also sort the videos in "My Content" by:
- Name of the video (sorted alphabetically)
- Date of creation (with the most recent videos on top)
- Duration of the video (with the shortest videos on top)
You can choose any of these options from the drop-down menu on the right side under the "Add Content" button. Choosing a sort option will organize both your folders and videos by that method.
How can I manage my storage space for video lessons?
If you've copied or uploaded more videos into your "My Content" section than your plan allows for, you’ll see that the most recently added lessons are marked as “Unavailable.” This means that they can't be assigned to your classes.
If there are no other teachers in your network that you can refer to Edpuzzle to unlock extra space, you might consider deleting content so that you can assign your unavailable lessons. Deleting lessons automatically makes your unavailable content useable.
First, prioritize removing content that you don’t use. Then, remove lessons that have already been assigned to your students. Please note that once you've deleted an assigned lesson from "My Content," your students will still be able to see it as part of their class, but you won't be able to copy it back to your "My Content" section in order to re-assign it to another class. Make sure that it's been assigned to all relevant classes before deleting.