Managing My Content
How do I make my videos private?
You can choose to change the privacy settings of all your videos or one specific video.
To change the privacy setting of all of your videos:
- Click the circular profile icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on your name to access your profile.
- Click the "Settings" tab.
- Under "Privacy," click "Private" to share edpuzzles with your students only.
Note: This change only affects all subsequent videos you add to your Edpuzzle library. Pre-existing videos will remain public. You can manually change the privacy setting of an older video to make it private.
To change the privacy setting of a specific video:
- While in the "Content" tab, click on "My Content" on the left-hand side.
- Click on the video you wish to make private or public.
- In the menu on the bottom right, click on "Public" to open a dropdown menu and click on "Private" to set the video to private.
Can I upload my own videos?
Absolutely! To upload your own videos, go to the "My Content" page and follow these steps:
- Click on the blue "Add Content" button.
- Select "Upload a video" from the dropdown menu.
- From here you can either drag the video file into the box with the dotted line, click "Choose a file…” to upload a video file from your computer, or click “Google Drive” to upload a video file directly from your Google Drive.
- Once you've selected your file it will automatically start uploading and appear in "My Content" under the "Content" tab.
Edpuzzle supports many video formats including AVI, MOV and MP4. All uploaded files must be under 1 GB in size.
Note: Content you upload must not infringe on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Edpuzzle reserves the right to identify and terminate users who violate this law per our Terms of Service.
How do I upload a video from an external app?
The digital whiteboard videos you make in Explain Everything can be uploaded from either your iPad, web browser, Android or Chromebook device.
To upload your video from your iPad:
- Tap on the Share button.
- Select Export and choose Video.
- Select Edpuzzle as the destination. The video will be immediately uploaded to your My Content page within your Edpuzzle account.
To upload a video from a web browser, Android or Chromebook device:
- Create a Web Video Link or Export your project as a video on your tablet once you finish your recording.
- Download the mp4 file (skip this step if you have already exported your video).
- Upload the video to Edpuzzle manually.
Now you can upload your Screencastify recordings to Edpuzzle and embed questions for added engagement!
Before you can upload a recording to Edpuzzle, you'll first need to add it from the App Smash Library in Screencastify.
To add Edpuzzle to your Share Options
- Select "Add more share options" in the Share section of the Video Page.
- On the new page that pops up, toggle Edpuzzle on.
Once you've added Edpuzzle as a share option, it'll display on the Video Page for all future and past recordings.
To upload your recording to Edpuzzle:
- Select "Upload to Edpuzzle" under the Share Options on the Video Page.
- In the new tab that pops up, select "Google Drive." This will allow us to upload the video directly from your Google Drive account to Edpuzzle.
- In the Google Drive file picker, select the video you'd like to upload.
- That's it! Your video will begin processing on Edpuzzle.
How do I share my videos with other teachers?
There are two ways to share your Edpuzzle videos with your colleagues.
Sharing through the school channel
As long as you and your colleagues belong to the same school channel, you can quickly and easily share content!
Here's how to get to your school channel:
- Click on the "Content" tab in the top right corner.
- On the left, you'll see your content channels. Below the "Curriculum" channel is your school channel. Click your school name to enter the school channel.
- Once you're in the school channel, you can search for videos your colleagues have created or copied by subject. To find a specific teacher, click on the blue text with "# teachers in [school name]".
- From here you can search for your colleague's content by clicking on their name or sort by subject to quickly find each other's content!
Note: If you share a video link using this method, no grades will be collected since this method is meant for sharing with colleagues.
If you can't find your colleague and have checked to make sure you're in the same school, then either you or your colleague may not have verified your accounts. To learn more, check out our article about email verification.
Sharing a video link with a colleague
You can also use a link to share video content with your colleagues. From this link, teachers can review, copy or even copy and edit the video for their own students.
Here are instructions on how to share a preview link to your video:
1. Click on the "Content" tab in the top right corner.
2. Here you'll see all the videos in your "My Content" channel. Click on the video you wish to share.
3. In the menu on the bottom right, click on "Share preview."
4. From here, you will be able to copy a direct link to the video or a link to embed the video on a site by clicking "Copy link."
Note: Progress and answers won't be recorded through the video link as it's meant for sharing content with other colleagues. You might also be interested in our article on how to find the assignment link for your students.
How do I delete video lessons?
To delete video lessons from "My Content":
- Select "My Content" in the menu on the left-hand side of your page.
- Check the box or boxes for the video(s) you'd like to delete and select "Delete" from the bottom menu that appears.
- This will open a new pop-up where you’ll be asked if you are sure you want to delete the selected video(s).
- Click the blue "Delete content" button to delete the video(s). If you decide you do not want to delete the video(s), click the white “Keep content” button.
Note: When you delete a video, all the student data associated with it (grades and progress) will remain visible on the associated assignment(s) and in your Gradebook.
Once a video has been deleted, it can’t be recovered!
How can I get more storage space?
If you've used your maximum amount of storage space and would like more room, we'd love to show you how! Your storage maximum is flexible, meaning you can permanently increase the original 20 video limit through referrals or by upgrading to a Pro plan.
Check out the two options below for how to increase your storage limit:
- Refer your colleagues to Edpuzzle! Are you enjoying Edpuzzle? Share the love! For every referral that creates and verifies an Edpuzzle account, both of you will receive space for three more videos or student projects! Log into Edpuzzle and then click here to invite them.
- Talk to your school about going Pro! There are probably more teachers than you think using Edpuzzle at your school. When your school gets a Pro license, your admins gain access to curated curriculum for PD and student certifications, your school gets dedicated support, training and coaching, and all the teachers receive unlimited storage space! Share our pricing page with your admin or department head so that they can check out our low-cost licensing options and apply to become Pro.
If you're not able to share Edpuzzle or get your school to subscribe to Pro, you can always delete content you're not using to free up some space. If that's not an option either, you might consider getting an individual Pro Teacher license to enjoy unlimited storage space.
Occasionally, Edpuzzle may create unique promotional codes for events or special circumstances. You’ll be able to enter a promo code if you’re registered at a non-Pro school.
To use your promo code:
- Click on your profile menu (the icon in the upper-right corner while logged in).
- Click on your name.
- Select the “Plan” tab.
- Scroll down to find the promo code box.
- Enter your code and click the blue "Apply" button.
With an Edpuzzle Pro account, you'll have unlimited video lesson storage. If your school is ready, you can request pricing for our Edpuzzle Pro plans. Our Pro School team will reach out to you and be happy to help you along the way!
How do I create folders for my videos?
When your content section starts to get a bit crowded, it’s easy to organize your lessons or remove content to make room for more. Below we have some helpful tips on how to keep your content organized and easy-to-navigate.
To create a folder, click the "Content" tab in the top menu and then click the blue "Add Content" button. Select the "New folder" option. Enter the title of the folder you’re creating and a short description.
Moving lessons into a folder
In the "My Content" section you can move multiple videos into a folder at once. Simply click the checkbox on each video you want to move and click the blue "Move to folder" tab at the bottom of the page. A pop-up window will allow you to select an existing folder or create a new one. Once you've selected a folder, click "Move". Your videos are now beautifully organized.
How can I sort my videos?
Now that you’ve found some great content, you might want to start organizing! If you haven't learned yet, you can also check out our article on how to create folders to keep your content organized.
You can also sort the videos in "My Content" by:
- Name of the video (sorted alphabetically)
- Date of creation (with the most recent videos on top)
- Duration of the video (with the shortest videos on top)
You can choose any of these options from the drop-down menu on the right side under the "Add Content" button. Choosing a sort option will organize both your folders and videos by that method.
How can I manage my storage space for video lessons?
If you've copied or uploaded more videos into your "My Content" section than your plan allows for, you’ll see that the most recently added lessons are marked as “Unavailable.” This means that they can't be assigned to your classes.
If there are no other teachers in your network that you can refer to Edpuzzle to unlock extra space, you might consider deleting content so that you can assign your unavailable lessons. Deleting lessons automatically makes your unavailable content useable.
First, prioritize removing content that you don’t use. Then, remove lessons that have already been assigned to your students. Please note that once you've deleted an assigned lesson from "My Content," your students will still be able to see it as part of their class, but you won't be able to copy it back to your "My Content" section in order to re-assign it to another class. Make sure that it's been assigned to all relevant classes before deleting.