Managing My Content
How do I share my videos with colleagues?
There are 2 methods to share your Edpuzzle videos with your colleagues.
Sharing Through The School Channel
As long as your colleague and yourself are in the same school channel, you can quickly and easily share content!
Here's how to get to your school channel:
1. Click on the "Content" tab in the top right corner
2. On the left, you'll see your Content Channels. Below the "Curriculum" channel is your school channel. Click your school name to enter the school channel
3. Once you're in the school channel you can search for videos your colleagues have created or copied by subject. To find a specific teacher, click on the blue text with "# teachers in [your school name here]"
4. From here you can search for your colleague's content by clicking their name or sort by subject to quickly find each other's content!
NOTE: If you share a video link with this method, no grade data will be collected since this method is intended for sharing with colleagues.
If you can't find your colleague and have checked to make sure you're in the same school, then you or your colleague may not have verified your accounts. Check out this article to learn about email verification: https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007501451-Email-Verification
Sharing A Video Link With A Colleague
You can share your video content with your colleague through a link as well! From this link, teachers can review, copy, or even edit the copied video for their own students.
Here are instructions on how to share a public link to your video:
1. Click on the "Content" tab in the top right corner
2. Here you'll see all the videos in your My Content channel. Click on the checkbox to select the video you wish to share
3. In the banner at the bottom of the page, click on "Assign" (NOTE: If you intend to share this as an assignment, you will need to use a different method to get to the assignment link which you can find in the link at the bottom of this article)
4. Click on "Public links" at the top right of the popup and then click "Copy link"
Now, you can share your video with a colleague!
NOTE: Progress and grades are not recorded through the video link as it's intended for sharing content with other colleagues. Check out this article on linking your assignments to your students to learn how to find the assignment link: https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007501931-How-To-Assign-A-Video-Lesson
Can I upload my own videos?
Absolutely! To upload your own videos, go to the My Content page and follow these steps:
- Click on the blue Add Content button.
- Select Upload a Video from the drop down menu.
- From here you can either drag the video file into the dotted line box, or choose a video file from your computer by clicking Choose a file…
- Once you've selected your file it will automatically start uploading and appear in My Content under the Content tab.
Many video formats are supported including AVI, MOV and MP4. All uploaded files must be under 1 GB in size.
Note: Content you upload must not infringe on the Digital Millenium Copyright Act
Edpuzzle reserves the right to identify and terminate Users who violate this law.
You can find our Terms of Service here: https://edpuzzle.com/terms
How to sort my content / videos?
Now that you’ve found some great content, you might want to start organizing! We have a great folders feature to keep things neat - check out this article for instructions: [https://support.edpuzzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007746071-How-can-I-organize-my-videos-in-My-Content]
You can also sort your My Content videos by:
- Name of the video (sorted alphabetically)
- Date of creation (with most recent videos on top)
- Duration of video (with shortest videos on top)
You can choose one of these options from the drop-down menu on the upper-right side of the page. Choosing a sort option will organize both your folders and your videos by that method.
How can I organize my videos in My Content
Your Content section may get a bit crowded, but it’s easy to organize your lessons, or remove content to make room for more. Below we have helpful tips on how to keep your content organized and easy-to-navigate.
To create a folder, click the Content tab up top and then click the blue Add Content button. Select the New Folder option. Enter the title of the folder you’re creating, and a short description.
Moving lessons into a folder
In the My Content section you can move multiple videos into a folder at once. Simply click the white checkbox on each video you want to move, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue Move to folder button. A pop-up menu will allow you to select an existing folder or create a new one. Once you've selected a folder, click Move. Voila! Your videos are now beautifully organized.
How do I delete video lessons in My Content
To delete video lessons from My Content that you do not plan to use…
- Click the Content tab at the top of the screen.
- Navigate to the My Content section from the left menu.
- There is a checkbox under each video. Select one video, or many, and a list of actions will appear at the bottom of the screen:
- Delete will open a new panel, where you’ll be asked if you really want to delete the selected video(s).
Alternatively, to remove videos one at a time, just view the video by hovering over it with your mouse and clicking the View icon, and click the Delete button below the video.
How can I manage storage space?
If you have copied or uploaded more videos into your My Content section than your plan allows for, you’ll see that the most recently added lessons are marked as “Unavailable”. This means that they cannot be assigned to your classes.
If there are no other teachers in your network that you can refer to Edpuzzle to unlock extra space, you might consider deleting content so that you can assign your unavailable lessons. Deleting lessons automatically makes your unavailable content useable.
First prioritize removing content that you don’t use. Then remove lessons that have already been assigned to your students. Please note that once you've deleted an assigned lesson from My Content your students will still be able to see it as part of their class. but you won't be able to copy it back to your My Content section in order to re-assign it to another class. Be sure that it's been assigned to all relevant classes before deleting.
I've used all my storage space. How can I get more?
If you've used your maximum amount of storage space and would like more room, we'd love to show you how! Your storage maximum is flexible, meaning you can permanently increase your original 20 video limit through referrals or upgrading to a Pro plan.
Check out the two options below for how to increase your storage limit:
- Refer your colleagues to Edpuzzle! Are you enjoying Edpuzzle? Share the love! For every referral that creates and verifies an Edpuzzle account, both of you will receive space for 3 more videos or student projects! You can invite them here: https://edpuzzle.com/profile?tab=plan
- Talk to your school about going Pro! There are probably more teachers than you think using Edpuzzle in your school. When your school gets a Pro license, your admins gain access to curated curriculum for PD and student certifications, your school gets dedicated support, training, and coaching, and all the teachers receive unlimited storage space! Share this page with your supervisor so that they can check out our low-cost licensing options and apply to become Pro: https://edpuzzle.com/pricing?plan=premium
If you are not able to share Edpuzzle or get your school to subscribe to Pro, you can always delete content you're not using to free up some space. If that's not an option either, you might consider getting an individual Pro Teacher license to enjoy unlimited storage space.
Occasionally, Edpuzzle may extend unique promotional codes for events or special circumstances. You’ll be able to enter a promo code if you’re registered at a non-Premium School.
To use your promo code, click here OR:
- Click your Profile Menu (the icon in the upper-right corner while logged in),
- Click your name
- Select “Plan”
- Scroll to the bottom to find the Promo Code field
- Enter your code
Edpuzzle Pro is unlimited lesson storage. If your school is ready, Request pricing for Edpuzzle Pro plans. Our Pro School team will get in touch and be happy to help you along the way.